How To Cash In/Transfer Money From Paypal To Your GCash App - Making Sense of Pesos

Latest

Someday It's Gonna Make Sense

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

How To Cash In/Transfer Money From Paypal To Your GCash App

Gcash is one of the easiest and convenient way to transfer your Paypal money! I know I am too late on posting this (I've been busy with kids, work, events as well as being a Sunlife Financial Advisor), but finally I was able to complete the process on linking my Paypal account to Gcash. I've been looking for a way for a very long time to withdraw my funds from Paypal. All my sidelines like writing gigs goes to my Paypal account. I usually used it to buy anything online and it is a very bad idea especially when I am trying to budget our finances. I tried using bank transfer thru BDO but it charges a whooping PHP250! Now I know that seems small to some but for a practical mom like me it is really a big amount of money. It also takes time! If you are in a hurry and on a critical wallet day, 7 working days is pretty long. But on GCash, transferring money from Paypal is real time! There are also other options on how you can withdraw your money but GCash is by far the perfect one for me. It doesn't cost any fee when you transfer your money as well as withdrawing it from your GCash Mastercard.


GCash-App-Link-To-Paypal

Now, let's go to the easy steps on how you can link your Paypal to GCash. This post is how you can cash in/transfer money from Paypal to your GCash account. Will have other post about GCash soon ok? I know there are already a lot of tutorials out there but I will try to have it as simple as possible and as per my experience.


REGISTER A PAYPAL ACCOUNT

First, register a Paypal account. Don't have one yet? Is super easy as long as you have an email address.
1. Click on the Sign Up button.
2. Enter email address and create a password.
3. Fill out your personal information.

If you want to verify your account, you can do so by linking your bank account or credit card but this is optional.

Next, download your GCash app. You must have a Globe number so you can register on the app. Remember that the phone you are using should be the one with the Globe simcard on it or it will not work smoothly.


DOWNLOAD GCASH APP

1. Download the GCash app. Get it on Apple Store or Play Store.
2. Input your mobile number.
3. Input requested information.
4. Receive an SMS regarding your confirmation. 

Before linking your Paypal account to Gcash, make sure that your account is verified before transferring any money.


GCASH VERIFICATION

You can choose 2 ways to verify your account: online (FB) or visit GCash Partner Outlets.
1. I did my verification by visiting fb.com/GCashVerify
2. Follow the instructions on filling up the information.
3. Upload image holding your identification card. You also need the image of the back ID.
4. Upload image of 3 signatures. (I wrote down my 3 signatures on a piece of paper and took a picture of it)
5. After finishing and submitting the information, you'll receive a notification to have a video-call on one of their rep. Be sure to have a stable connection before doing this. They will only ask for your full name and your mother's full maiden name.
6. Wait for atleast 24 hrs before checking your GCash app.

Please got to https://www.gcash.com/personal/verify for a list of outlets that perform GCash verification. Make sure you have with you a valid ID!


Link Paypal on Gcash

Now that our GCash account is verified, you can go ahead and link your Paypal account. 
1. Log in on your GCash app.
2. Click Cash In.
3. Click on Paypal to GCash.
4. Authorized Paypal to be link on Paypal as you logged in.

Everytime you transfer your money from Paypal to GCash, you have the option to choose from Philippine peso or Dollar and just indicate the amount then click submit and voila your money will be transferred instantly to GCash!


GCash-Mastercard

Withdraw Money from GCash

I paid for PHP200 when I claimed my GCash Mastercard from SM City Masinag. (The others actually paid PHP150 only and I still don't know why the GCash Teller at SM City Masinag charged me PHP200). 

1. You can get GCash Mastercard from any Globe Outlets.
2. Link your card to your GCash app.
3. Dial *143#.
4. Select GCash.
5. Select Activate GCash Card.
5. Input information found on card.
6. Receive an SMS regarding the linking.

For assistance, message facebook.com/gcashcare. To ensure everything is working, make sure that all the steps are followed above because GCash customer service sucks!

There are other options of cash in to GCash but let us talk about it on another post.

I am so happy that I finally have the option to withdraw the money that I have on my Paypal account. Per transaction, BDO ATM charged PHP20 while BPI ATM charged PHP23. In addition to this, I finally found a way to pay my PAG-IBIG Housing Loan using GCash app! No more lines for me! And I heard they have several cashback on paying your bills using the app. Maybe I'll have another separate post on that one as well as other GCash services using your Gcash app. If you have other questions, please feel free to comment down below.

*I am not in any way compensated with this post. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment