How To Open A BDO Junior Savers Account For Your Kids + Deposit Their Cash Instantly Via BDO Online Banking - Making Sense of Pesos

Latest

Someday It's Gonna Make Sense

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

How To Open A BDO Junior Savers Account For Your Kids + Deposit Their Cash Instantly Via BDO Online Banking

How To Open A BDO Junior Savers Account For Your Kids

And Christmas is done just like that! It was a tiring day yesterday as my kids go to their godmothers and godfathers. They received a lot of gifts which we are grateful for as well as cash. If it's just me, I prefer cash instead of things as gifts. But don't get me wrong, my kids already have a lot of toys and clothes so I don't really want them to be spoiled with a lot of things which is overwhelming. That is why I would like to talk about opening a bank account for your kids as early as they are born. When my kids' godparents can't come to our house (we live on the East side which most of their grandparents think its too far), I always gave an option to deposit any amount (if they want to) on their bank accounts. It is hassle-free, plus you can also do an online transaction if you have the same bank.


BDO Junior Savers Account

How To Open A BDO Junior Savers Account For Your Kids

There are a lot of banks that offer opening a bank account for your kids. Always do your research. I prefer mine at BDO because I have a BDO Savings account which will help me deposit money thru online. I will tell you more about it at the end of this post.


Here are the requirements:

1. Php100.00 pesos.

2. NSO Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of your child.
3. 2 Valid Government ids of parents or guardians.
4. 1x1 picture.

Step by Step:


1. Go to your nearest BDO branch.

2. Present the requirements listed above. Some branch doesn't require an ID picture as they can get your picture at the branch. Be sure to have the photocopy of the original requirements but they can also do it for you.
3. Fill up forms.
4. Deposit the initial Php100.00 pesos.
5. Get the BDO Junior Savers passbook and check if all information is correct. 

For other inquiries on how to open a BDO Junior Savers account, check BDO's website for more information.

That is so easy! We parents will not have reasons anymore on why our kids can't save their money. As Christmas has passed by, this is the great time to open an account for them so they can start saving money. As early as 3 months old, I had opened my kids' account from BDO because I have my personal account from them. This way, it's more convenient for me to deposit via BDO online app. Online banking is so helpful in the event of holidays like Christmas. You don't have to go line up in a bank (in most cases banks are closed during holidays) and it is one click away if you want to deposit the kids' aguinaldos. In that way I don't have to worry spending their gifts.


Here's a simple step by step on how you can deposit account via BDO online banking:


1. Enroll in BDO online banking.

2. Once done, download the BDO app and log in.


BDO Online BankingBDO Online Banking

3. Click on 'Send Money'.
4. Click on 'To Any BDO Account'. You also have the option to enroll the accounts so you don't have to type in the account numbers all over again.


BDO Online BankingBDO Online Banking

5. Click on the account where you'll get the funds from. Fill up the amount and type in the destination account number. Remarks is optional. Click on 'Continue'.

6. Confirm that all the details are correct, double check the account numbers.


BDO Online Banking

7. Wait for the successful confirmation and an email confirmation.

And because I don't have an online access to my kids' account, I still need to go over the counter to check if the money was deposited successfully thru their accounts. This is the only disadvantage that I have from them. Anyway, updating their passbook is a breeze so I always make sure that I had the screenshots of the confirmation and the email. 

Another tip, if you don't have a BDO account, go to the nearest BDO branch and make a cardless transaction. It's like an atm machine where you'll  deposit money instead of withdrawing. Just be sure to have the account number with you. And the money will go thru real time.

I hope you find this article helpful and I hope to share with you soon on how you can make your kids' money grow by applying into investments from Banks or Mutual Funds. Join me as this is another money goal that I am trying to achieve this 2018!


Again, Merry Christmas! And don't forget to make sense in every Christmas peso gifts you received!


Disclaimer: I am not in any way paid by BDO to make this post. How I wish! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, opening a kiddie account is so easy! Nakakahiya, I talk about finances pero wala naman bank account ang mga anak ko. Wala kasi kami sa Philippines - excuses excuses haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son had his first savings account at BDO too when I got his birth certificate so less than a month old. At that time, P500 pa nga but when he turned 7 yrs old, we opened new account para nasa name na niya at hindi Joint so we deposit his money over the counter na para maexperience niya din. Mas okay ngayon kasi may ATM na rin yung Junior Savers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also opened a new account but sa BPI naman. Our son just turned 3 kaya samin munang mag asawa nakapangalan. Kapag nag 7 na daw siya saka siya makapag open under his name. Will consider BDO next time. Thanks for sharing mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I opened our daughter her own account on her 1st Christmas. I'm not sure if it's junior saver, that's way back 2016 pa. Maganda talaga bata palang turuan na mag-ipon for their future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you check out these secret money methods yet?

    The ones that ordinary people are using to make up to $600 for just 30 minutes
    spent online.

    All you need to do is follow the simple instructions and you can earn $10k within the next 5 days

    Click here now to signup http://www.30minutemoneymethods.com?saver4125

    Do NOT miss the opportunity to start banking easy online cash today!

    Click here to sign up http://www.30minutemoneymethods.com?saver9658

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Investment in the best companie

    ReplyDelete