How To Withdraw From BDO EIP UITF on Equity Fund - Making Sense of Pesos

Latest

Someday It's Gonna Make Sense

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

How To Withdraw From BDO EIP UITF on Equity Fund


So sometime in 2017, I decided to invest into BDO UITF on Easy Investment Plan. UITF is Unit Investment Trust Fund, an open-ended pooled trust fund denominated in pesos or any acceptable currency, which is operated and administered by a trust entity and made available by participation. Any banks offer this kind of investment and it just differs from the names. I chose BDO as I have a Savings account from them. Decided to go thru their Easy Investment Plan (EIP) where you can invest for as low as 1,000 a month. It can be automated from your bank on a specified day of the month. At first, I had mine monthly for 1,000 only every end of the month then transitioned into 1,000 every 15th and 30th day of the month. Now every time you reach the amount of P10,000 on your UITF, you'll receive a COP (Certificate of Participation) where it is indicated on how many units have been bought from your investment. It will show how much your money gains from the time you had invested.

I have been investing in Equity Fund on BDO EIP UITF since the very beginning. When I received my very first COP, my P10,000 gained an amount of P900+ for a year only. From there, I didn't remove the automate EIP from my BDO savings.

Read: How To Invest Via BDO EIP.

Withdrawing your UITF from BDO is super easy though this is not recommended as I am on the riskiest investment where it means that it is advisable to invest in a long-term (5 years) especially if you are on Equity Fund.



How To Withdraw From BDO EIP UITF on Equity Fund
1. Go to your BDO Savings Branch.
2. Tell the teller that you'll get your COP from your UITF.
3. Inform the teller that you'll withdraw your investment.
4. Fill up the necessary forms. Include your Savings Account Number on where you would like to deposit your investment.
5. Wait for 5 working days.

BDO UITF Equity Fund

I withdraw my investment last January 15, 2018, and waited for it to be reflected on my account on Monday, January 22, 2018. My current units are 20.1072 which equivalent to P10,615.06. I had this from August of 2017 only and will use it to diversify as I add it still on UITF, VUL & MF.

No comments:

Post a Comment